menu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday's Fancies: Black & White

When I saw this week's Friday's Fancies topic I couldn't help but think about dresses. My favorite formal dress from my sorority girl days was probably a simple black and white dress that had a very glamorous 1960s feel to it. Too bad the date was a dud and there aren't any great pictures of me in the actual dress.

When it came time to choose looks for this week, I channeled the feeling of that dress to put together these evening options:

Dress | Dress | Bag | Heels (Similar) | Gold & Ivory Earrings | Black & White Earrings


The neckline of the first dress is very similar to my formal dress, and I love the unique top and sleeves of the second dress.

But let's be honest: how often do you really get to dress up these days? I'm always looking for a great reason to wear a gorgeous dress, but those opportunities don't come around often. Which led me to put together another round of options for everyday wear:

Pants | Blouse | Polka Dot Wristlet | Studs | Shirt | Black & White Wristlet | TOMS
Lately I've really been wanting a gingham blouse like this J. Crew option, and I like the simplicity of this striped long sleeved shirt that pairs khaki with the white and black mix. Both of these wristlets are adorable (though I tend to carry a GIANT bag on most days), and the studs and TOMS (I'm a TOMS addict) would pair well with any combo of these options.

Are you also seeing things in black & white?

4 comments:

  1. Great outfits - loving that second dress!

    Have a great weekend!
    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the everyday look!!! Hope you have a great weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your picks!!! The second selection is more what I rock but I would love to wear the first collection as well!!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Redheaded Daybook

    ReplyDelete