menu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 21, 2013

Take Me to the Mardi Gras

I lived in a New Orleans suburb for about 6 years. While I love Indy and consider it home, living near NOLA was certainly a big part of my childhood. Maybe I can get a visit in sometime in the near future (I haven't been there since 2006), but until then I'll just have to covet these lovely prints I rounded up from Etsy.


I love the selections and semi-whimsical feel of this print. The artist specializes in fun city illustrations, making it easy to find one for your favorite city.
I love studying all of the funky patterns and colors of this artist's NOLA townhouses work.

Can't get over the colors and overall beauty of this painting. It perfectly captures the French Quarter.

This print on a Moleskin journal would help fuel my notebook addiction.

And since you can't talk about Mardi Gras without talking about music, here's the Marsalis family playing the song I had to play 10,000 in elementary, middle and high school band (though let's be honest: they do it better than a bunch of moody teenagers). 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the print on the Moleskin journal, absolutely adorable!! Great post!
    PS - I love love love the blog. Now following of course! ;)
    xoxo
    CoverGirl + Converse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I had to add - I'm a hoosier too! Hehe! Although I do live in Louisville now, though, I thought that was so funny! ;)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Taylor! I just discovered your blog a few weeks ago and enjoy it, as well! And I also love Louisville. One of my best friends from college is originally from there and is now finishing up her master's at U of L. I love visiting! Such a fun city.

      Delete