menu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday's Fancies: The Red Carpet

Dress | Bracelet | Shoes | Earrings
It's the Oscars weekend, and while I won't be walking the red carpet anytime soon--maybe once I get that screenplay finished--it's fun to think about what you'd wear if you were going to be brushing shoulders with Anne and the Jennifers (let's face it--there are a lot of them).

When I was thinking about this week's red carpet themed Friday's Fancies I couldn't help but think about the devastatingly gorgeous dress Rose wore in the Downton Abbey finale--the one her mother couldn't stand. While most of the fashion on the show is beautiful, that blue-ish teal dress made a grand entrance. I couldn't find a similar look, but I did find some other 1920s-inspired glitz and glam, including this lovely dress. The champagne color certainly screams romantic antique, and I love the bead work. The bracelet pulls in the soft pink while adding gold and black, also picked up on the earrings and shoes.

Anyone else loving the 1920s right now?

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness I LOVE those shoes! I'd pair them with a shorter dress to show them off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost considered a shorter dress that would have also been perfect with the heels!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow. I love that dress... so feminine. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! That gown is amazing!

    Happy Friday & have a great weekend!
    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love ANYTHING 20s themed- that dress is absolutely stunning! Beautiful find.
      xx, Emily
      http://soanthro.com

      Delete