menu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Morning Meeting: Stacie Grissom of Stars for Streetlights

I'm so excited that this month's Monday Morning Meeting feature is Stacie Grissom of Stars for Streetlights

Stacie and I went to DePauw together, where we were both in the Media Fellows program. She also lived across the hall from me our first year (seems like forever ago now, doesn't it?) and was my friend Katia's roommate. I've always admired her quirky yet pulled-together style, and her blog features an awesome mix of photography and DIY projects, including jewelry and home decor ideas.  She recently left the Hoosier state for NYC but took some time to answer these questions:

My job is... I manage The BarkPost for BarkBox in Chinatown, NYC! When I'm not ghostwriting for dogs, I troll around the interwebz looking for awesome pup content. I also manage the BarkBox social media. [Note: Here's a fun post Stacie just did about what it's like to work there.]

When I wake up on Monday morning, I... go on a run, drink a spinach smoothie, and balance those things with eating a hot dog... or Cheetos. #embarassingtruth

I can't make it through the day without... Veggies for physical health, a cookie for mental. ;)

My favorite work soundtrack is... Franki Valli, Bon Iver, Passion Pit

My must-have desk accessories are... I don't have the tidiest desk, but I always need a box or two to hide the clutter!

I never leave home without... Some type of camera. DSLR, Polaroid, Instax, iPhone, something. :)

I get style inspiration from... Blogs, my roommate, and walking around on the street!

My favorite subject to photograph is... Oh man. I love documenting things-- places I've been, things I've made, things I drink. I love looking through old photos that remind me of an uneventful day or night and then it becomes special.

My must-read blogs are... I love A Beautiful Mess, Craftgawker, and Buzzfeed.

My favorite things about blogging is... Blogging has gotten me jobs! I started my little blog in 2009 as a way to make myself a better photographer and document some of the things I made. As it turned out, my blog has helped me develop the skills I needed to get some awesome jobs and have a ton of fun at work creating content.

I daydream about... Haha. Crafts, sewing, running around outside, sitting in my PJs watching Mad Men and making a new necklace. I think I need to daydream higher.

If I could schedule a Monday Morning meeting with any person, it would be... Don Draper. Or Alexis Ohanian.

In 5 years... I want to have a Brussels Griffon dog. :) Or a Schnauzer. Or a Newfoundland.

The best advice I've received is... "Can't never did anything." --My mom

The quote that motivates me to keep going is... “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” --Dumbledore

Thanks for the great responses, Stacie! Get a dose of DIY and Stacie's New York adventures over on Stars for Streetlights.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the opportunity, Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for agreeing to do it! :) I keep forgetting to tell you that I started going to Pattern events and they showed a video with you in it haha. A quote from you is also used in their media kit.

      Delete