menu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday's Fancies: St. Patrick's Day Style

Pants | Sweater | Earrings | Necklace | Shoes
One of the fun things about Friday's Fancies is putting together things that I haven't tried in real life or have avoided because I didn't think I could pull them off. Today I did that with two things: colored skinny jeans and mixing prints.

I don't even think I've tried on a pair of skinny jeans, and colored jeans just aren't my thing. But for some reason this green pair spoke to me. It's such a lovely spring-y shade and perfect for an Irish celebration. Since I certainly don't think you should go green overboard, I turned to navy, one of my favorite green pairing colors, for the top. This striped cardigan from J. Crew is very traditional prep and a great pairing with the pants. It comes complete with anchor buttons and a name Mrs. Kennedy herself would approve of: The Jackie Cardigan.

Even though mixing prints terrifies me in real life, when I saw these shoes I couldn't resist pairing them with this outfit! In high school I went on a big Ked's kick and loved my solid navy pair. But these polka dots with the tan rims seem a step in a more stylish and sophisticated direction. Basically: I'm in love. Serious love. Like I may need to go try some on this weekend love.

The gold earrings and anchor necklace--couldn't be nautical prep without it--round out the look.

How are you celebrating St. Patrick's Day? And better yet, what will you be wearing?



1 comment:

  1. Lovin' the green skinnies! Such a great idea for Sunday. And I am pretty sure I've never tried on a pair either. But, pairing them with the blue and white-- LOVE.

    ReplyDelete