menu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 7, 2013

Wrapping Up Think Kit 2012 (Better Late Than Never, Right?)


Clockwise from top: My sister and brother-in-law's beautiful street in Florida; me and one of my best friends, Ellen, at a mini DePauw reunion (I promise I have other tops than that sweater); the BEST mac and cheese in the world at the OK Cafe in Atlanta; Palm trees!; In Daytona Beach you can actually drive ON the beach, which is kind of crazy.

December got away from me. I had a table at the Indy Alternative Gift Fair (which I really, really enjoyed) and had plenty of Christmas orders to fill. I also got to see some old college friends for an evening in Bloomington, which was a welcome burst of fun in the middle of the holiday chaos. Then I ended the month visiting family in the Nashville and Orlando areas.

It had been over a year since I got away for a prolonged period of time, so a week outside of Indiana felt amazing. Plus, I got to eat at the OK Cafe in Atlanta, a place my family accidentally found about 8 or so years ago when I visited Emory as a prospective student. If you're ever in Atlanta, please do yourself a HUGE favor and eat there. It's a funky spot on the north side of the city that celebrates good southern and homestyle cooking. They have THE BEST mac and cheese I've ever eaten in my life (and trust me, I've eaten a lot). This trip I also enjoyed crab and crawfish cakes, which were perfection.

But amazing mac and cheese aside, I missed out on the end of Think Kit. I didn't want to let it go without mentioning it again, so here are answers to a few of the responses from the rest of December:

Wednesday, Dec 12: Something Different
Try something totally different. Have something for lunch or dinner you don't normally eat. Make up a new recipe. What did you come up with?

I ate lunch with a Twitter friend I hadn't met in person before. Does that count?

Thursday, Dec 13: Your dream trip
Plan out your dream trip! Is there somewhere you really want go in 2013? Pick a place in Indy, or anywhere in the world.

New York City. It's been on my list for a long, long, long time.

Sunday, Dec 16: Learning
What new things did you learn this year?

I learned a few little HTML/CSS skills. I'm no expert, but it was great to figure out how to change some things on this blog and the On a Good Note website all by myself! 

Wednesday, Dec 19: No limits
If money, time or other commitments were no obstacle in 2013, what would you do?

TRAVEL. All over: The East Coast. The West Coast. London. Dublin. Paris. Venice. Madrid. I've hardly been anywhere in the grand scheme of things. 

Friday, Dec 21: New mantra
Write a mantra for the year ahead - how you'll approach it, what you wish it to be. How'd you arrive at the mantra?

I don't have a mantra per se, but I did pick a word to live by for the year. You can check out the full scoop over at The Zesty Digest, where I am a weekly contributor. 

Sunday, Dec 30: First step
What's one step you can take to support a goal you have for 2013?

Kick my soda habit! I'm on day 3 of no soda right now. I crave the carbonation but I'm trying to develop a love affair with my Georgia Dawgs water bottle. I purchased it a few years ago when I worked at a camp at UGA. I'm not a UGA or SEC fan, but I just pretend the color is for IU.

Monday, Dec 31: Looking ahead
What are you looking forward to the most about the next 365 days?

Improving--myself, my business ventures, my writing habits. Meeting new people. Trying to get organized. Working toward goals.

What's on your agenda for 2013? 

No comments:

Post a Comment