menu

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Morning Meeting: Lauren Levine of Life with Lauren


I took a brief break from the blog to tackle a few projects (more on that Wednesday), but I'm back on track for this week!

First up is a new feature I'm excited to get up and running: The Monday Morning Meeting, which will feature a different blogger each month. This month meet Lauren Levine of Life with Lauren. Lauren is one of the first bloggers I started interacting with on Twitter and her blog is one of the first  I started regularly reading. She's also been a great supporter of On a Good Note, hosting a few giveaways and doing a little interview with me last year. Obviously I thought Lauren was the perfect person to kick-off the series. Enjoy!



My job is... Copywriter/editor, as well as freelance writer. Did I mention I get to work from home in my PJs?

When I wake up on Monday morning, I...
tell myself I’m going to get up and go to the gym, but actually I probably just eat breakfast, make coffee, and get to work. Mondays are useless.

I can't make it through the day without... Coffee, music, my computer, comfy clothes

My favorite work soundtrack is... I listen to music all day, so I’ll usually go through my iTunes and then put Pandora on. I love Kings of Leon, Dave Matthews Band (live, of course) Foo Fighters, AWOLNATION, Incubus, Gaslight Anthem, John Mayer, Walk the Moon, Third Eye Blind, My Chemical Romance, Teddy Geiger, the list goes on. Oh yeah, and Kid Rock is my guilty pleasure. I’m not ashamed.

My must-have desk accessories are...
Tons of sticky notes and places to scribble down ideas. The amount of notes that I write to myself is a little scary. Also, plenty of pens and cute notebooks.

I never leave home without... At least mascara on, and Eclipse mints in my purse. I’m addicted to those mints. Ask anyone I know and they’ll tell you that I leave a trail with me wherever I go. Oh, and my phone. I feel naked without it.

I wish I could raid the closet of...
Lauren Conrad, her style is feminine, chic, yet effortless. Never fussy or too put together.

The book currently on my bedside table is...
MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche. It’s a great book about a twenty-something’s quest to find a group of friends in a new city. This is definitely an issue I’ve had to deal with after graduation, so I’m really enjoying it.

My must-read blogs are... So many A few of my favorites are: Cupcakes and Cashmere and Life Unsweetened for lifestyle, Beauty Banter, and Maskcara for hair/beauty, and Chocolate Covered Katie for healthy desserts. I’m also always Googling to find healthy, easy recipes. I’m obsessed with taking a bad for you recipe that tastes great and making it healthier. I just started to get into cooking not that long ago.

My favorite things about blogging is... Literally everything. It’s a great way to express yourself and talk about whatever’s on your mind. It’s also amazing to be able to connect with other people who are experiencing the same thing. I’ve met a lot of great people through blogging.

I daydream about...
Writing a book and going on a book/speaking tour. Also, having my own show. I went to school for Broadcast Journalism and still love TV, even though I had no interest in being a reporter.

If I could schedule a Monday Morning meeting with any person, it would be... Okay, well I have this dream of becoming best friends with Carrie Underwood, Chelsea Handler, and Jennifer Lawrence. We’d be like a “Sex and the City” type deal, only real life. But I also adore Giuliana Rancic and Bethenny Frankel. I guess I’d have a busy Monday.

In 5 years... Yikes! I’ll be old. Okay, not that old but…Ideally I’ll have written a book and will be writing for some big name publications. My ultimate goal is to support myself as a writer, with copywriting, web writing, and magazine writing. Maybe I’ll be married, but who knows! I’m not into timelines when it comes to that. I try to let things unfold as they’re supposed to.

The best advice I've received is...
My dad always tells me to do what you love and let the chips fall where they may. It’s easy to feel like you should pursue a certain career path for the glitz or money, but unless your heart’s really in it, it’s not worth it. It’s better to go after what you really love.

The quote that motivates me to keep on going is... "Things do not happen. Things are made to happen."--John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment